Why Your Business Must Go Mobile
Google’s advice: "Create a fast mobile site with big buttons and text, keep steps to complete tasks to a minimum, and promote the site with mobile ads for the two-thirds of people who use search to find a site."
Mobile Phones are set to take over as the main way to surf the internet this year..more people will be looking for your products and services on their mobile than on a desktop PC.
A recent survey of about 1,100 U.S. adult smartphone users (not tablets, in this study) conducted by market research firms Sterling Research and SmithGeiger sheds some light on why Mobile is becoming essential for all business sectors:
*Two-thirds of smartphone users say a mobile-friendly site makes them more likely to buy a company’s product or service, and 74% say they’re more likely to return to the site later. “Mobile is creating massive opportunity,” says Jason Spero, head of Google’s global mobile sales and strategy.”
* 61% say that if they don’t find what they’re looking for (probably within about five seconds), they’ll click away to another site. Half say that even if they like a business, they’ll use its site less often if it doesn’t work well on their smartphone. “This is a wakeup call,” says Spero. “You will lose customers at the moments that matter” without a site specifically made for mobile devices.
* 72% of users say a mobile-friendly site is important to them, but a nearly unanimous 96% have visited sites that aren’t. “When you offer users a desktop experience on their mobile,” Spero notes, “it’s kind of rubbish!”
"Create mobile campaigns that foster customer acquisition, engagement, loyalty and monetization"
More facts about mobile usage that you can not afford to ignore:
- Nearly half of all phones in North America & Europe are smartphones, and they are rapidly becoming the go-to devices for mobile subscribers.
- In the last 12 months, mobile searches have QUADRUPLED, and roughly 1 in 3 mobile searches are LOCAL.
- In a recent survey by Google, 61% of people interviewed said they would go to a competitor’s site if your site is not mobile friendly.
- For mobile price comparison shopping, 81% of users prefer mobile sites over mobile apps.
- Telmetrics has discovered that 95 percent of smartphone users conduct restaurant searches.
- The research also found that 90 percent of these users “convert within the day,” meaning they go out to eat.
- Perhaps more striking is the fact that 64 percent were found to convert either “immediately” or “within one hour.”